Tuesday 17 March 2009

Growing in the Garden at the Mo!!!

In no particular order

Pulmenaria, the bees love this and I have loads of it.



Helabores, I do love these and threaten to get more every year but have still to do so!



Winter Onions... doing well



3 tubs of tulips all doing well but at slightly differing stages, due to their placement...





Frogspawn




No comment about all the 'dead' plants in the greenhouses




Theres alot of work to be done this year, as last year we had sooooooooooooo much rain that alot was neglected!
Should keep me out of mischief though!!! lol!!

5 comments:

Julia said...

At least your greenhouse bananas look good - I think all mine have gone squidgy! I hacked them down to see if they'll start to grow - at least I'll be able to see if they do start growing.

Purple Blackbird said...

I'm really enjoying seeing Spring 'spring' into action this year!

tropical-pete said...

Great to see all the plants growing Libby, a sure sign Spring is here! Quite a similar situation here in our greenhouse though to be honest, I think a lot of yours plants are looking quite good to be honest!!! I've also experienced a LOT of die back on my Brugs this Winter. If it is JUST die back, and no rotting, then there's a good chance they'll come back from the roots so keep hold of them for a bit, as I discovered one of mine was doing that over the weekend! Shame to lose all of that growth though, almost back to square one if you're going for a standard, and it means they'll take longers to flower this year.

Your Maurelii's are looking good too - mine's still got some life in it but is looking rather brown, and I'm not sure if, and where, it'll grow back from! Also, on the bottom right of the picture, and the top left of the greenhouse, looks like you've got some Aroids, one a Colocasia??? They're looking quite healthy, should produce big leaves this year as they look like quite big plants now, haven't had much sucess with over Wintering those here either, but will be trying again (as with everything else!!!) this year!!!

Cheryl said...

Lots of lovely blooms there.......the bees do love pulmonaria, such a wonderful plant.
The rain last year did cause a lot of problems. My garden was neglected due to the downpours. Perhaps we will have a better year......

Queenly Things said...

It looks like paradise!