Sunday 15 March 2009

In the Garden

What a glorious day it has been, in fact what a glorious weekend it has been. Loads and loads of washing dried!

K came home for the weekend as she can't make it next weekend, so I had mothering Sunday today!

She enjoys gardening as much as I do, so we drew up a plan



this bed has never been very successful in the growing department, so it is going! The red bit will be slabbed, and the bar-b-que will be here! The blue bit will be a herb bed and the green bit 'maybe' a strawberry bed.



this is where the veg bed will move too.



and this is a new veg bed that we will be building opposite the last one. They will be a slightly odd shape so as to follow the path, rather than having to re-route it!

This is looking back up the garden so you can see how it will look.

Everyone has taken a week off at Easter to give me a hand with the hard work. In the mean time I will try and do alot of the preparation work.

4 comments:

Shammickite said...

You are so ambitious with your garden! I hope everything goes as planned, but please make sure you don't hurt your back any more than is already done!
Your garden plans are making me think ahead to when all our snow is gone and the ground is workable again. There used to be a veggie garden here, but my yard is very shady and not enough sunshine to make the veggies worthwhile. Plus whenever a particular veggie is in season, I can buy cheaply from the local farmers markets. But I love to grow tomatoes so I shall get a couple of plants to put in a sunny position.... there's nothing like fresh tomatoes warmed by the sun!

Cheryl said...

Hi Libby...don't you just love having a project, I do....
Look forward to seeing the photographs after all the hard work is done.......

Sheila said...

It's nice that your daughter shares your love of gardening. Just be sure to wait for her help, don't go doing your back in again. I have lots to do this year as well, we're just hoping the weather cooperates.
hugs
xx

tropical-pete said...

Great to see you're getting into the swing of things again Libby - don't overdo it though lol! :) Have got lots of ambitious plans here this year too (just like last year), although only a few of them will probably be acheived (again, just like last year!!!). Keep us posted!!!