Saturday 7 March 2009

Home for a week!

Hi back for a week with my mum. She is very poorly but has improved enough to come away from her doctor for a short while.

Mum has Bronchiectasis, something she got due to having whooping cough as a child.

Something happened either before, during or just after the funeral and although she was not well when we left by the Thursday I knew I had to return. She had an X-Ray on the friday which shows a shadow on her lung, so we now have to wait for the CT scan which is on the 17th.

This illness means mum is coughing all the time. Its tiring to listen too so, I can't imagine how awful it must be to own it!! Being such a light sleeper, I wake through the night as well so am pretty bushed.

Anyway my sister is coming to collect her next Saturday and I will follow up on the Tuesday and will probably stay until the results or until she is well enough to drive and cook for herself again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do so hope that your mum gets better soon. It must be a big worry for her and all the family

tropical-pete said...

Praying that your mum gets better soon Libby - as Lottie said it must be a big worry and strain on the rest of the family but my fingers are crossed for you!

Sheila said...

Sorry to hear your Mum is so unwell. I hope the test results come out okay. Meanwhile take care of yourself too.
I know what a worry this must be for you.
hugs
xx

A wildlife gardener said...

I hope she will get the treatment she needs very soon, Libby. I had a bout of bronchitis once and the coughing was so fierce I fractured five ribs. I realise your Mum's condition is far worse than that.

Look after yourself too, Libby :)

Cheryl said...

Hi Libby....take care, you have a lot on your shoulders at the moment. I do hope that Mum is okay, it must be a great worry for you Libby......Thinking of you.

Shammickite said...

Take care of yourself, and your mum too! It's a real worry when you have to wait for tests and then test results. Good that your sister is taking care of mum too.