Friday 13 February 2009

Coming off a High!

What to do with oneself when you have had such a wonderful time!!!???

Head for the kitchen and make

Pickled Red Cabbage



such a lovely colour!

and Marmalade



All homemade, cabbage sliced and salted, rinsed, spun and packed into jars then pickled vinegar poured over!

Seville oranges halved, squeezed, membrane and pips into muslin, pith scrapped off, skins minced, put into pan with water and boiled fro 2 hours sugar added, boiled until setting point is reached!!!

Simple as that!!!

7 comments:

Gretel said...

I'm glad you said marmalade is simple; I am going to attempt it for the first time this weekend, hope mine looks as nice as yours.

Sheila said...

Yummy..!
I haven't had decent pickled cabbage since I left the UK..!

Shammickite said...

I haven't checked in for a couple of days, and now I find that I missed your big five-oh birthday!! I hope you had a fab time. Your pickled cabbage and your marmalade look scrumptious. So you mince your peel? I sliced mine, and I didn't cut myself this time, not even once.... I usually have to go for at least one emergency elastoplast!

Anonymous said...

Lovely

Quail said...

Hi! Buttons instead of cufflinks as they are more smart casual shirts. Best to iron all cottons whilst damp and avoid the dryer. Dry shirts makes me lose the will to live as well. Quail's mens shirts are actually easy to iron when damp or at least with a decent steam iron.

Quail said...

Is your Sassy cat an Abyssinian? She looks like one by her beautiful colouring.

Queenly Things said...

Despite the fact that Seville oranges grow wild here, they are impossible to find in the markets. Unless you know someone with a tree - no sour orange for you. Which makes your luxurious display of marmelade all the more appealing.