Monday 16 February 2009

Growing!

I planted the Amaryllis on the 17th January expecting it to flower in March, it has exceeded my expectations and flowered now. I am going to have at least five big blooms on it!



Around the garden we have clumps of lovely snowdrops



I also have some lovely yellow crocus, but I didn't manage an 'infocus' photograph!
The Hellabores are coming through too...



and wherever I am in the garden Sassy comes too!



she is half burmese puss cat and great company!

7 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Libby what a beautiful punch of color in your home with the blossoming Amaryllis! Great idea to have them this time of year when we so need
blossoms to cheer us! Purzzzzz...to your hansome kitty!

Shammickite said...

Oh how luvverly, real flowers blooming outside! We are still in the grip of winter here in canada. But perhaps I'll go shopping and buy myself some flowers today, my wonderful self deserves it!

Gina Alfani said...

Fabulous flowers . . . can't wait for spring!

Gina
http://peacelovehappiness.today.com
http://subtropicalgardening.today.com

lilymarlene said...

I always have an amaryllis each year.....and delight in the blooms....until this year. I bought the bulb at Wisley this year on one of my visits (instead of getting it at Tesco's like I usually do) and the stupid thing has only made leaves and then gone to sleep. It is 4 months now....I think it is going to be blind this year. Hope that it'll live til next year and that I can enjoy it eventually.Next year I'll buy one at Tesco's again!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Sassy is ever so pretty and i hope lives up to her name.

Gorgeous Amaryllis Libby, 5 flowers is very good.

BTW how's the soot removing going?

Cheryl said...

Don't you just love spring flowers....so pretty.....they give such hope of what is to come......

Sheila said...

The amaryllis looks lovely, and the snowdrops.
Your cat is lovely, they are good company aren't they..
hugs
xx