Thursday 8 January 2009

Devizes Market

I love Devizes Market, which occurs every Thursday, but I really only go when K is home as I struggle to carry the bags. What I need is a shopping trolley with a long handle (being tall I need this) then at least I wouldn't be lifting and carrying so much. Mind you having said that you still have to lift from the trolley to the car boot, and from the car boot to the house etc. etc. so maybe it isn't such a good idea.

As you know I am really motivated to lose weight at the moment, so bearing this in mind I bought alot of Fresh produce



the oranges, apples and pink grapefruit cost me £3.00



the garlic, onions, courgettes, peppers and tomatoes, cost a bit more at £7.50. The peppers being the expensive item. But these have already been prepared into 3 meals with lots of garlic (obviously), 3 onions and 1 pepper left. 2 of the onions and the pepper will go into a curry for tomorrow night.

I am trying hard to do better with my housekeeping, I can be naughty and waste food so I really want to get organised. We eat alot of wholewheat pasta meals, our curry meal is usually made with quorn and then we do enjoy a roast on Sunday with leftovers used up on Monday!

Tomorrow I shall be looking at what I can grow in the garden to help supplement our diet!

7 comments:

Queenly Things said...

I still have a length of red and white trim that I bought at the Devizes market. Such a lovely place.

Auntie Noo said...

Oh that fruit and veg looks so good! I have started to do meal plans to stop myself wasting food! And I take an old ladies shopping trolley to the market - looks daft but I've pulled my shoulders so many times it's a Godsend!

Anonymous said...

It is nice to get back to eating 'normally' isn't it.

How wonderful the veggies look. We too have been stocking up on fresh veg - and even had some salads

Lovely photos as always xx

Cheryl said...

I love markets, they are such fun and a bit tempting....

Nice fresh produce Libby....you seem motivated......best of luck with the healthy eating.........

Shammickite said...

We have a weekend market here, selling everything under the sun. Maybe I'll post some pics when the weather gets a bit warmer.... like May or June!!!!

Janice said...

Beautiful fruits and veggies...so colorful and so good for you!! I love photos of these!
Janice

Anonymous said...

Oheeer Libby, thank goodness you're still there! You seemed to disappear off my blogging radar for a few days! Love the pics, making me feel healthy. x