Wednesday 7 January 2009

Whats Been Going On!

Where has the time gone too since I last blogged?? We have been chicken and kitten sitting. Each morning and evening we would go round and play with the kittens for at least an hour, more often longer.
Ripple the stripy kitten was first at everything, barging, pushing, didn't like Ruffle getting any attention!!





Ruffle on the other hand is very withdrawn and quiet, we had to work hard to get her to play.



Yes that is Ruffle disappearing under the units!



Whilst are neighbours where away we had some exceptionally low temperatures and snow! This is looking down my patio!



A couple of mornings it was so cold I had to take the whole of the water container from the chickens run inside to defrost in hot water as it was solid! On the morning of the snow they didn't even want to come out of the run lol!



On the first day of the snow Ripple came out with me but made certain she stepped on the non snowy bits, it was funny to watch





When ever I am out in the garden I was either chatting to the chickens or to Ripple so guess who came to join us



this is not his first meeting with Ripple, she is very forward and demanded a kiss lol!



I have been very pleased with myself over Christmas and New Year, I only gained 4lbs. So with an amazing amount of motivation I have set myself a target to get into the next stones by the 11th February! To help this along we have been walking! On Monday we went round the village but I forgot to take my camera. So today I remembered.

This is just down the road from me





but further round I found these





aren't they soooooo cute. I hope you can feed donkeys carrots because when I go on Friday I may have a few in my pocket!!!!

4 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

4lbs is excellent! I too am now on my strict eating order...so I can get my bike gear on! Wont be just yet unfortunately, but definately soon!

Cheryl said...

Chicken, kittens and donkeys....dream post for me.....
I have always had a soft spot for donkeys and they are just so beautiful.....give them a carrot from me to....

Love the views Libby......we are covered in ice here and it is freezing....brrrrr.......

Petunia's Gardener said...

Such sweet attention for the kits & chicks on their own! I know the family really appreciates your care. I love to travel, but really wonder what the kitties think when we are gone. Knowing someone is checking in (even if one of ours won't come out much to play) makes sure they are safe and entertained. Cute donkeys too.
Paula

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Such a great post Libby! Those kittens are simply adorable and so are the donkeys. Weren't you tempted to take the donkeys home?

Here it's quite nippy too and we've had a light powdering of snow, very pretty.

Love the Wilshire countryside where you live, it's beautiful, lucky you.

A Blissful 2009 to you and yours Libby!