Monday 12 January 2009

Hrmph!

I've had a couple of those days! They involve T and we are in battle with her college after a meeting with them tonight, they are bang out of order and are 'reviewing policies' but will that get my daughter the support, they wrongly dropped,( which was proved tonight) will it heck!! Hrmph!
To top it all four of those lovely oranges I bought at Devizes market went all mouldy and horrible, hrmph!

Look what hubby found in the Recycle bin at work, even if I didn't want the plant just look at the pot!



We have had the most beautiful weather. Frost, upon frost, upon deep frost, it was better than snow and oh so pretty. This was the other night with the full moon, you can see the frost.



Anyway we are back to rain again!!!

My neighbour bought me a beautiful cyclamen in a white pot for looking after her kitties and chickens and being a good friend.



Well I think it was for being a good friend? I could have made that bit up!! lol! Anyway I am kittie and chicken sitting again whilst she attends her Dads funeral! The Poinsettia I got given by hubby for our anniversary of when we first met. I love these to as my Auntie Pam always had them at Christmas and would keep it through to the following year getting it back to its red bracts again so I shall have a go. They are such a cheerful sight on a typical wet and windy British Day!

Remember I told you I had restarted my diet? Well I lost 8lbs this week, I know its alot but I can assure you its mainly water and I have spent most of the week on the loo!!! So I have lost my Christmas weight plus 2 and am at my lightest for 10+ years!

So that is not a Hrmph! is it!!!.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the weight loss - a great start to the new year. Hope you get things sorted at T's college and manage to keep the Poinsettia alive for next year.

Mine was a present and when I took it out of the packaging it was dry and had lots of dead leaves - so I don't think that bodes well for a long life

Shammickite said...

I had a huge poinsettia given to me last Xmas and it flourished very well outside all summer, but I forgot to bring it in when I went to Florida in October, and the cold weather got it.... it's currently under about 3' of snow! It's now a EX-pointsettia!
Good luck with the college negotiations and also with the weight loss project.
Now that I am on my own, it's a lot easier to cook and eat the things that aren't quite so fattening!

Sheila said...

I've always wanted to see if I could keep a poinsettia going, but I've never had much luck.In fact they never seem to make it to Easter!
Well done with the weight loss, that's what I must do, as I've just been told I'm pre-diabetic.
I hope you sort T's college out, and they reinstate the support she needs.
hugs
x

Auntie Noo said...

Yay for the weight loss, that's brilliant. Hope all the Hrmph's sort themselves soon!! :)

Cheryl said...

Hi Libby....hope that you get things sorted out with T and college.....

Well done with the diet.....do you feel better for it?????

Libby said...

Thank you so much for your comments, I do feel better for the weight loss and maybe later in the year I will show you all a before and after pic lol!!!