Tuesday 20 January 2009

5 a Day!

I presume you all know that we are supposed to have at least 5 fruit & veg portions a day. We are a big fruit and veg eating family, and it costs me a fortune. Well how many of your daily portions would you reckon this lot is???



Looking at it I would have said 3, what do you think?



Its actually only 1! Weighs 85grams, so top and tail and peel and you have 80gram. I was flabbergasted!!!

Now this one looks like 80grams



I was watching a programme the other day about poor memory, and they put blueberries to the test, 3 ladies had a memory test then had to eat 80g a day for 3 months, they then had a further memory test and the improvements where amazing. So as I have been having memory problems and having never eaten a blueberry in my life I thought I might give it a go, that was until I saw the price of them!!!!! Maybe I shall just forget I have a problem!!!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Libby....it is surprising isn't it....not eating meat I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables but am not sure if it adds up to five a day...

You probably know blueberry bushes do well here. I am going to buy a couple this year to put on the patio.....I love them but you rightly say they are so expensive.....

Anonymous said...

I'll have to stop going to the farmers market looking for a farmer then!