Monday 15 December 2008

Christmas Spirit?



As you get older I wonder, do you lose your Christmas Spirit?



We as a family, me and mine and my sister and hers are all putting ourselves to alot of trouble this year, so we can spend Christmas with my mum. It is costing us alot more than it usually would, as we have long travelling costs to include. I am buying more presents as we have extra people to buy for etc etc.

Sadly for me I will not be cooking the Christmas dinner, something I thoroughly enjoy. I plan for months, buying magazines trying out new recipies, just so we can have the bestest Christmas ever. This year we will be going out for our Christmas dinner, as no one apart from me has room to seat 15.



So my sister and I get together (more expense) to write up a list for food we will eat whilst staying up north. I send this list along with the money to my mum, who phones me this morning, screaming down the phone, about I don't know where I am to put all this food, how can I empty my freezer, do you really need all this etc. etc. etc. she goes on so much about it, that although I was reluctant to do this, I had been coming round to the idea, but now I'm thinking I might get flu!

5 comments:

Queenly Things said...

They say that if the wedding rehearsal is a disaster, the wedding goes off without a hitch. Maybe that same theory will work for your Christmas. Here's hoping.

Libby said...

Now that is what I call positive thinking, Thank you Vallen :-)

Cheryl said...

Ooooh Libby.....I do hope this works out....I am with you, I like cooking Christmas lunch, it is the best part of the celelbrations as far as I am concerned.
Anyway I have a bit of a virus thing going on at the moment....you never know you may catch it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear.

At least your are blessed with a lovely big family to celebrate with (but I do appreciate 'where you are coming from')

I am sure it will go well - you will have 'done your duty' and next year you can get back to normal and have Christmas at home.

Shammickite said...

I'm sure you're going to have a truly wonderful Christmas with everyone present... and your idea of a 2nd christmas is brilliant. I always think there is so much hype in the leadup to christmas, then it's suddenly over and we need something special to look forward to, to brighten up the dull and dreary days of January.