Thursday 11 December 2008

Paper, Sissors, Glue!

I have had a hectic few days and seem to have spent most of those days driving, which has done my back and now my hips, no good at all. I'm a wreck and my physio says she thinks I need to see an Osteopath!!! More money but hey ho, whats money, only paper!!!!

Talking of paper, I had a quick fiddle the other day after finding this site

I started to make this snowflake and as you can see the first prong (if snowflakes have prongs) was a bit large.



Living in an old cottage, we don't do large, so I sized it down to this...




which I think is rather effective. It was fiddly as you don't use your fingers to press the paper together to glue, I used a pencil that slipped inside and then pressed on that! Clever huh!!! I do like cutting glueing and sticking!

But I have plans which could change it from the last pic to this..



just by using gold wrapping paper.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I like that Libby, very effective......you would love my daughter, she is very clever with her hands, just like you.....

I see an osteopathe once a month to sort my neck out....old whiplash injury.....she is great but not all of them are, so do be careful.......

A wildlife gardener said...

I am sooo impressed, dear Libby :) That's the loveliest star I've seen made from paper..and I mean it:) I've made tons of decorations with children over the last 40 years..but this star takes the biscuit :) You definitely have very creative hands :)

Sam said...

Hello,
Came here via Laughing Purple, and I love your snowflake. It's beautiful.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

You are so creative Libby, you have magic hands that turn ordinary paper into something spectacular.

Anonymous said...

Very clever - I don't have the patience and admire anyone who does