Wednesday 3 December 2008

In the Kitchen.......... again!!

I picked up a bag of pickling onions from Asda the other day so as I had got up so early and had nothing else to do, I peeled them and had them in vinegar before breakfast, but not before my cup of tea!



Here is one with the spiced vinegar and one with it still to be added!

Then after breakfast, still having loads of the day ahead, I decided to make another Christmas Cake. Well it was a matter of having too really as there is now only one left from the two I made before!




I forgot to take one of it in the cake tin. But its in the bottom oven where it will stay for probably over 24 hours!

Meanwhile my friend Tango was observing from the other side of the kitchen.



I don't approve of them being on the work surfaces, but hubby lays an old towel out for them here in the winter as it is warmed from below by the freezer. You can tell how cold it is as to whether they use it or not. This is not where any food preperation occurs!

5 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Pickled onions........lovely with pies! LOL!

Cheryl said...

You are always so busy in the kitchen......I have done some pickled onions.....

You don't have to explain to us about your pets.....its your house........and I say each to their own.......

Julia Guthrie said...

Oh yumm...pickled onions! My Grandad used to make his own...they were pretty intense! LOL

Oh you know its Christmas when the pickles come out :)
(I'm a pickled mini gherkin fan myself)

Naturegirl said...

Libby..no need to expalin..
((((CATS RULE!!)))))
Boy arn't you the morning person!!
Me. too...I peter out about 3 and need a nap! I get everything done by 11.am. Thanks for the ~link~ back to you!!

Libby said...

So glad you have all found me, I was worried I was lost in blogosphere!