Saturday 13 December 2008

Floods

What I am about to show you is unprecedented!



20 years we have lived here and the stream and I do mean stream has risen and fallen with in its banks but never done this!



I had to go out and take pics.The stream normally runs under the bridge here, between the post in the middle of the pic and the large tree trunk on the left so as you can see quite small.



It was cold and wet and rising..



the football floating past comes from the farm about half a mile up the road!




I let the farmer know about his bulls. but this guy hates us so much he will probably think I am winding him up.

My neighbours garden to the right of the lane



and the bottom of my good friends and neighbours to the left of the lane



there compost bins where awash! Their chickens are alot further up the garden which is very sodden.

This is the view from my bedroom window.


3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hello again,
I'm sure the rains and flooding are not your idea of Christmas weather. The weather all over the world has been strange lately.We just have to deal with it. I must say, that the wonderful view from your bedroom window looks like it could be the background for a Grandma Moses painting.

Auntie Noo said...

It's unbelievable isn't it? You just can't think there's any more up there! Hope it all recedes soon.

Anonymous said...

I read about the flash flooding. Bet you are glad you don't own the extra bit of land at the bottom of you garden