Monday 29 December 2008

Cold Outside!

Today was the third day I hung washing out, blue sky, sunshine and bitterly cold, but it all lightened and my bathroom, where I air it all, smells gorgeous and fresh!



The ground is all covered in frost.



The pond has been frozen at this end for awhile.



The winter onions seem to be doing well.



The Hellabores are just popping their heads through, whether they will flower this year or not I don't know as I was rather ruthless cutting them back.



The tree ferns hardly seem bothered by the cold weather



All seems fine in the greenhouse, no disasters yet!



The cordyline seems to get ever bigger, I think this would look good at the front of the house actually.



The bamboo seems happy on the patio.
Right nipping back inside now to thaw out, till next time, TTFN

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

We went over to Whitby this afternoon and boy was it cold.
Keep Warm!
HUGS
Dxx

Cheryl said...

Everything is looking good Libby. Now you know I don't do tropicals but shouldn't the tree fern have straw or something stuffed in the top......but hey what do I know!!

Libby said...

Ah ha Cheryl it has fleece stuffed in the crown, but you can't see it!! lol!